Anne was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 1986 and has extensive experience in commercial law and litigation, including intellectual property law, as well as medical negligence and personal injury litigation. She practised in-house for a large oil company, drafting and negotiating joint venture agreements for oil exploration.
Anne also worked for a large law firm in the Sydney CBD in their intellectual property department, negotiating joint venture and other commercial contracts as well as corporate advisory work, and as a trade mark attorney in a firm of patent and trade mark attorneys.
She was also associate partner in a medium-sized law firm in the Sydney CBD (including a year in charge of a suburban branch office), doing ‘plaintiff’ personal injury and medical negligence litigation, as well as commercial law and debt recovery.
In addition, has most recently worked as a senior solicitor in a medium-sized law firm in the Sydney CBD, in class action litigation.
Anne excels in written and oral communication, including drafting and editing pleadings and other documents (she has edited a book on architecture, one of her interests). She also has excellent people skills.
- Successful settlement of class action against major UK multi-national drug manufacturer, for breaches of Australian Consumer Law, including misleading and deceptive conduct
- Successfully proved that serious injury (cellulitis) contracted in hospital while undergoing treatment following motor vehicle accident, was a consequence of motor vehicle accident
- Won a test case against major Australian insurer for debt recovery demurrage claim, involving the right of not-at-fault driver to replacement car hire following loss of use of his vehicle as result of motor vehicle accident
Admitted To Practice
- Solicitor & Barrister of The Supreme Court of New South Wales (1986)
- Solicitor & Barrister of The High Court of Australia (2003)
- BA.LLB (U.Syd.)