Chris was originally admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales and worked in London for an award-winning and highly regarded firm established in 1881. He specialised in commercial and corporate advisory services in addition to a broad range of commercial litigation disputes in the Royal Courts of Justice (High Court) as well as County Courts.
He acted on behalf of various small, medium and large domestic and international corporations, as well as high net worth individuals, before being admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales, Australia.
In Australia, since 2013, Chris has worked for a large Australian corporate law firm where he specialised in intellectual property and general corporate law matters. He has acted for large corporations, Australian Stock Exchange top 200 companies, mid and small caps, as well as government enterprises and regulatory bodies. In addition, for three years, he was retained as general counsel to the Migration International Group, a leading and pioneering migration agency and group of companies (including a Finalist in the 2017 LexisNexis Legal Innovation Awards) operating in Australia, New Zealand, United States of America and Europe. As such, he has a deep understanding of the commercial needs of businesses from their legal advisor.
- Federal copyright dispute claim for plaintiff resulting in successful settlement
- Acted for mooring company in high court admiralty claim involving the arresting of vessel
- High court conversion claim for successful recovery of valuable master paintings
- Racing appeals tribunal claims
- Acted for Swiss media company in recovery of debts from director due from insolvent company
- Acted for national franchisor in recovery of evidence from liquidator of franchisee and recovery of sums from director in high court
- Prosecuting claims for defective construction work and negotiating settlement with insurers
- Government privatisation of wagering business
- Suite of contractual documents for maritime museum
- Purchase of fitness franchises
- AML/CTF compliance program for national business
- Establishment of loyalty program for national business
- Advising statutory body on media rights consolidation
- Bachelor of Laws (Law & Music) Double Honours, Keele University, UK (2003)