Tim commenced his career with the Department of Immigration, having worked for the Department in China, Thailand and Canberra. During this time, he became a recognised expert in all matters Chinese, having developed fluent Chinese language skills and an affinity with Chinese culture.
After returning to Australia, Tim worked with an international law firm servicing a variety of clients from individual immigration applicants to large Chinese corporate enterprises.
Tim brings valuable China related knowledge, skills, experience and relationships to MC Lawyers. His fluency in Mandarin has driven the firm’s sizable and growing Chinese client base of corporations and ultra-high net worth individuals.
Tim is an Accredited Specialist in Immigration Law by the NSW Law Society and is admitted as a Lawyer to practice in both the High Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of NSW.
- Bachelor of Laws (UNE)
- Bachelor of Asian Studies (UNE)
- Confucius Institute Chinese Mandarin language fluency accreditation (HSK5)
- Solicitor & Barrister of the Supreme Court of New South Wales (2010)
- Solicitor & Barrister of the High Court of Australia (2010)
- Accredited Specialist Immigration Law (2016)